Events throughout the year are designed to prepare you for the next step in your professional career. The University of Chicago Divinity School, along with the resources of the University of Chicago, are at your disposal as you plan for your future.
The Career Services events and resources of the Divinity School and UChicagoGrad are designed to help you discern your interests and talents, and work with you to map a path toward your future career. From careers in the academy to public policy, from secondary school teaching, non-profit management, law, business – take time to consider what you want to do and how you will get there. The journey begins now – step by step.
The Dean of Students publishes a weekly newsletter for Divinity School students, filled with information on employment opportunities, fellowships, professionalization events, as well as key events sponsored by UChicagoGrad and other units throughout the University.
- CRAFT OF TEACHING offers a variety of programming throughout the academic year.
- MOCK INTERVIEWS/JOB TALKS: Contact the Dean of Students to schedule your own mock interview or job talk. You'll benefit from feedback from faculty, as well as a student audience.
- UChicagoGRAD offers a variety of programs throughout the year. See below for upcoming events!
Monday, January 23, 4:30-6:00 p.m., UChicagoGRAD HQ (Third Floor of the UChicago Bookstore)
Tuesday, January 24, 9:00-10:00am, Classics 110
Tuesday, January 24, Noon-1:00pm, UChicagoGRAD HQ (University Bookstore, Third Floor) Interested in designing your own internship for this summer? How about designing your own internship and getting a $4,000 stipend? Come to this info session to learn more about the GRAD Global Impact Internship Program including "Pitch" and "Partner" opportunities. RSVP via your student account through GRAD Gargoyle. To view and RSVP for the Information Session, Click Events>Click Information Session>Select and RSVP
Tuesday, January 24, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Classics 110
These or similar events are held throughout the academic year.
- Syllabus Workshop
- Learn how to design college courses in religious studies, using your own course design for the workshop.
- PhD Skills Identification and Alumni Panel
- Learn how to translate your PhD education into many non-academic professions. Share with PhD alumni who are successfully pursuing careers beyond the academy.
- "Mock" AAR interviews
- Have a conference interview scheduled at the AAR/SBL? Practice your interviewing skills with a faculty panel, and learn as you watch fellow students in their own mock interviews.
- Divinity School Career Night
- Learn how your Divinity School education can translate to a number of career opportunities. Ask questions of Divinity School alumni who are pursuing a wide range of professions. Open to students in all degree programs.
- MDiv Skills Identification and Alumni panel
- Learn how your MDiv education and skills can be leveraged toward a variety of professions, including emergent forms of ministry. Hear from MDvi alumni who are pursuing careers in ministry, non-profit management, social justice and many other fields.
- PhD Practice Job Talks
- PhD students deliver their lectures in preparation for on-campus interviews before a group of faculty and students. The format is intentionally structured according to the anticipated campus visit. The lecturers will receive feedback on their lecture content, delivery, handouts/slides, and their handling of questions and discussion.