The seminaries and divinity schools listed in Seminaries that Change the World represent distinguished academic institutions that have a living legacy of scholarship and a commitment to service and social justice issues.
The University of Chicago's Master of Divinity program is proud to join the ranks of eighteen seminaries and Divinity schools across the country selected for their commitment to attracting, training, and launching some of the most excited, committed and creative leaders in all sectors of our communities. The schools selected to receive this honor have a common theme of engagement that includes:
- Established or developing programing designed to encourage and support students to integrate their engagement in the world with theological education and vocational discernment.
- A commitment to provide scholarship and financial aid to attract and support students and limit student debt.
- A community of faculty, administrators and students who are working together to create and sustain a culture of sustained engagement on campus.
- Faculty who offer coursework and programing that integrates academic rigor with engagement in the world.
- A history of educating and launching courageous leadership for the world.
- Demonstrate a commitment to talk with perspective students about their vocational discernment, not merely to get them into enroll in their particular school.